What it is:
A replacement for the native AD Mac plugin
What it provides:
- AD-integrated workstation logon
- Security-standards-compliant authentication to UVM network resources
- Group Policy-based managment of Macintosh user and computer settings
What it costs:
- Estimated at $35-40 per workstation
- Cheaper than ADmitMac
- Provides the ability to control workstation configuration in addition to NetID logon.
- Tools available to accelerate deployment. We have not tested these.
Does not replace the inadequate Macintosh CIFS client (no support for Microsoft Dfs, weak support for NTLMv2).
More expensive than Centrify DirectControl Express